The legendary Silk Road is living proof that the path to adventure is almost always a long one, but is wrought with exciting surprises.
The term ‘The Silk Road’ was coined during the 19th century by a German geographer named Ferdinand von Richthofen. It refers to the commercial routes that connected mainland China with Central Asia in ancient times. However, the Silk Road was not solely used for commercial trade, but was also a point of cultural exchange between various ethnic groups in China, Central Asia, west Asia, and Europe. Thus the road is littered with ancient treasures, stunning works of art, and unique styles of architecture.
This tour begins at the very source of the Silk Road, starting in Xi’an and ending in Ürümqi. From towering mountains to the sandy expanse of the Gobi Desert, we’ll cover all kinds of exotic terrain.
During this journey, we will:
- Visit the ancient city of Xi’an, which was once the capital of 3 great ancient empires;
- Visit the exotic city of Ürümqi, where the culture of the Muslim Uyghur ethnic minority dominates;
- Take a trip to marvel at the legendary Terracotta Army, and several old Buddhist temples;
- Challenge one of the tallest mountains in China, Mount Hua;
- Enjoy stunning views of the desert, the incredible landscape of the Gobi, and the marvellous Yardang and Danxia landforms;
- Discover long abandoned cities built almost entirely out of clay that are over 900 years old;
- Admire the magnificent Maijishan Grottoes and Mogao Caves up close;
- Admire the magnificent hanging temples without having to battle with the tourist crowds.
- Discover an old Han-style mansion, of which there are very few in western China.
- Sample the traditional cuisine of the Han, Hui and Uyghur ethnic groups;
- Learn more about the fascinating history of the Silk Road;
- Experience horse riding and camel riding in the desert.The Route for Our Trip:
More information about the tour:
Dates: 5th of Sep to the 19th of Sep 2017
Final Deadline for Subscription: 1st of July 2017
Although these dates are for the group tours, we can also customise any of our
tours according to the dates you prefer. The dates shown are simply a
suggestion to give you an idea of the tour’s length and to reflect how much
notice we need before booking you on your tour of choice. Tour dates can easily
be adjusted depending on your personal preferences and needs.
Please Note: You can choose to stick to this tour entirely, or you can just incorporate it into your wider plans to travel across China. We can provide you with information and help you with any other travel plans you may have if you need us to. We also provide a hotel booking service and a flight or train booking service for all of our members’ traveling in China outside of the 10 designated days of the tour. We will also provide a consultancy service for you, which will help you to plan your journey across China and give you useful tips on traveling in China.
We hope that you will have a wonderful time traveling with us!
For more information, please contact us at: email@example.com.